Our next monthly meeting will take place on Wednesday next 2nd May at 8.00 p.m. in the Parish Centre behind the Navan Road Church – All are welcome.
Information from DCC re works on Blackhorse Avenue –
“..works almost complete bar the following:-
- A carriageway ramp half way between Lyndon Gate & Nephin Road;
- New metal fencing around Poor Man’s Well;
- Isolated snagging items.
Various repairs:- Large hole in footpath on Ashtown Road beside Half Way House, finally filled and smooth to walk by safely – following about 3/4 years requests from us.
Very dangerous footpath repaired within Martin Savage Park, following over 6-8 years of requests – one more still awaits repair.
New Pedestrian Crossing – Racecourse entrance, information from Fingal:-
“Some electric works to be completed, and anti-skid surfacing works which were awaiting sufficient temperature rise for a successful application to road surface.”
We hope that this will improve safety for pedestrians once this new lights is commissioned.
There will be a duathlon in the Phoenix Park tomorrow Saturday 21st April 2018 from 9.00am to 1.00pm.
Please visit http://www.belparktri.ie for details of road closures etc.
The Calcutta Run will take place on Saturday 26th May 2018 and some Park gates will be closed from 11.00am to 12.30pm. See full details at http://www.calcuttarun.com
Start and Finish Line: Law Society of Ireland, Blackhall Place,
- Registration at Blackhall Place: 9:15am – 10:15am
- Bag-drop and free fruit/water: 9:15 – 10:40am
- Warm up: 10:40am – 10:50am
- Start: 11:00am
- Take the route through Phoenix Park (see course map)
- Finish in the grounds of the Law Society, Blackhall Place
- Finish Line Festival – BBQ and bar, live music, tennis, kids activities, family fun
- After-party (Club TBC)